Monday, June 23, 2014

Forged (The World of Nightwalkers, #4)Forged by Jacquelyn Frank
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I would like to say I'm a fan of Jacquelyn Frank, but it seems I have not read this series. This is the very first and there is a long line of books before this one I'm going to list as: To Read.

Forged lead me into the complex world of the Nightwalkers, specifically how Kat and Ahnvil were brought together. Ahnvil: Gargoyle who was forged from his dying body & bear both parts were merged together into a Stone Gargoyle. Pretty Cool, I know! Kat: Ex-physicians assistant, living in the wilderness who happens to be allergic to sunlight.

Over 300 years old wounded, on the run again fighting for his freedom, Ahnvil is dumbfounded how he was stripped of his freedom. This is where Kat stumbles upon him, her inner medical training kicks in and she refuses to let him die. Ahnvil's life depends on his touchstone....something he has not seen in too many days to count. Can he gain Kat's trust enough to venture across the country with hopeful intentions of regaining control of his life?

Kat and Ahnvil traveling only at night and the constant sexual "cat and mouse game" makes their journey all that more exciting and leaves you impatiently waiting.

I found the book hard to follow in the very beginning, I got caught up on the "how do you say that" and slightly lost on all the back round. I wasn't surprised since this is the first book in this series. Maybe it would have flowed better for me if I had some background with the setting. I really enjoyed how the book rounded out.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment