Friday, June 27, 2014

Memory Zero: The Spook Squad 1Memory Zero: The Spook Squad 1 by Keri Arthur
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received this for an honest review; I will honestly read the rest of the series!!

Sam Ryan should be use to mysteries being one herself. With no recollection of her past and her present/ future is looking pretty grim. Getting suspended for killing her partner of 5 years (Jack) does not bode well on her conscience. Even though it was sheer instinct warning it was her life forfeited or his! Her crazy night is just the beginning, leading to even more questions. What sucked the face and life out of the homeless man? Where the hell has Jack been? When did he transform into a vampire? The only thing more intriguing is running into Gabriel Stern, he just so happens to be a witness from the shooting and is working with other forces to thwart the upcoming war against the human race. Sam’s inner self the part of her she is tapping into sporadically drives her to trust Gabriel. Hell, she isn’t even sure where this other “instinctual feeling” is coming from but it has managed to keep her alive so far. I didn’t even realize how much I loved action packed murder mysteries until this book, page by page just peeked my curiosity. Who is Sam? What is she? Will she find out about her family or why she has no clue to whom they are??

The fact that Keri Arthur has no qualms about killing off characters gives the book the extra oomph-ness….lol That is what singles her books out for me. Makes the crimes oh so haunting… who is going to go next? Reading her re-release of the Spook Squad was refreshing, not everyone makes it to the end of the book, nor is everyone what they seem. Squeals with delight, a true mystery!!!! Keri leaves nothing out; she sneaks in wonderful detail without being long winded…no skim reading here. I actually double read some parts just to make sure I’m grasping everything!!!


View all my reviews ">

No comments:

Post a Comment