Thursday, May 7, 2015

Wolf Bride

Wolf BrideWolf Bride by Elizabeth Moss
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Historical romance is what stirred my love of reading. Wolf Bride first sparked my interest on Amazon while I perused books. The cover was inviting and for a hot minute I thought it was about a shifter Wolf in a historical setting…lol.

The book is set in the time of King Henry and Anne Boleyn and their failed marriage which lead to her death. The historic point of the book was really good I feel I had somewhat of a history lesson these past 2 days reading.

Eloise is doing her duty to her family in marrying Lord Wolf. Lord Wolf was enamored with her as a young adult and now that he is done doing the kings bidding he wants a family and an heir. That is pretty much the story all the way through. These two trying to come to terms and find their pleasure. I say that due to at least 70% of the book is them screwing. Over and Over. At first I thought something more of the relationship would surface. Eloise is a whiney woman who is written out to sound like a teenager. Her sister is of the age to marry around 18… so she has to be older yet she sounds like a teenage girl uncertain about having sex and I don’t feel that she is ever comfortable in her sexuality. Eloise has this strong passionate calling to her husband but plays coy and wanton at the same time. It was the same thing page after page. Should we have sex? Her body is on fire for him but she is ashamed. Lord Wolf seems like a dick but really he is acting in her best interest!? Confusion. Repetitive. I understand that this is just my opinion but by the gods I would like that time back. I held out thinking some books have a rough start and a smooth finish. Nope. Then the snippet of what is to come, the story of her sister and I felt as though here we go again. The same storyline the same character yet the names have changed. This review is not meant to be harsh I received this ARC for an honest review. I felt it lacked creativity and depth.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment