Thursday, May 21, 2015

Witches Be Burned (Magic & Mayhem, #2)

Witches Be Burned (Magic & Mayhem, #2)Witches Be Burned by Stacey Kennedy
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Paranormal Romance is a favorite genre for me. I had really high hopes for this book, the blurb was catching and the cover was enticing as well.

I found the story background good and the idea very creative. The book first started out it seems where the last left off. I will admit I was lost for the first chapter. (I didn't read the first book in the series) I wanted to get swept up in the story, yet I found it overly descriptive. Had to suppress my urge to skim read. Nexi's character didn't connect with me. One moment she is upset Kyden doesn't treat her as a equal since he wants to protect her and the very next minute she is ready to sit on his cock. There was no buildup, no passion and I was forcing myself to keep reading. I do like the creative place this book stems from but all in all I did not enjoy the narrative way it was written.

I received this for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment