Monday, January 26, 2015

Unseen (Unborn, #2)

Unseen (Unborn, #2)Unseen by Amber Lynn Natusch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Unseen the second book following up after Unborn where Khara the only surviving female child of Ares decides that the only answers she is going to get are waiting for her in Hell. Where is her mother? How did she fall? Why was she given up? How convenient The Dark One Oz is willing to transport her there for a price of course. Yet after his last deception who knows what Oz’s agenda has in store. One thing for sure is after finishing the book I am no closer to that answer….lol

Amber Lynn Natusch has this poetic rhythm ever present in these two books. This dark steady wordplay, that is a bonus as far as I am concerned. Not sure if it is just for Khara’s character (since I have only read these two books). I love the simplistic yet directness that is Khara. Her unwavering black and white world is forever shattered now that she “feels”. I personally think Unseen was the perfect title for this book. (So much is Unseen) Feelings are a tricking thing to live with if you ask me…a solution may be present and can make sense yet if you feel against it your judgment may sway. Basically Khara seemed cold (yet curious) in the first book but had this steadfast attitude, she was very confident. In Unseen there is sooo much going on that it is hard to see the enemy. All these emotions Khara has, her new self is questioning and motivated by her love and this new heart ache that has taken up in her chest since she stole away from her brothers.

Love is blindness.

It can and will change the way you see people.

Khara is a force unlike anything imaginable when it comes to protecting her family. Her actions speak of this clearly; I only hope it was worth the consequences. . This blindness was calculating and patient much like love. Also it totally bit her in the ass.

The Oz and Khara relationship is still a battle of wits an even though Oz has proven (in my eyes) where his heart and loyalty lies I can see why she is so cautious. One thing is for certain he has shown that he will be a safe harbor for her fall in. Also when he does claim her OMG it will be a thing of beauty. The chemistry and attraction that is building between these two can only lead to a crescendo of fireworks.

Sad to say there is no hanky panky in this book…sniffles. I do have a feeling it will be worth the wait! What the book lacks in actual sex it makes up for with intrigue and desire. Still a win! Nail biting anticipation for the next book. Things I have to know, like the necromancer was she in on it? WTH is up with Deimos and Hades. Will Drew get his head on straight? Damn it will Oz kiss the girl already…?!So much to come and so many days to wait.

I received this for an honest review. I can honestly say this series is more than meets the eye! Love it!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment