Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Flight from Hell (Otherworld #15.5)

Flight from Hell (Otherworld #15.5)Flight from Hell by Yasmine Galenorn
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Like other likeminded paranormal book lovers who doesn’t enjoy a D’Artigo sisters book?

Flight from Hell is a novella about Shimmer an outcast Blue Dragon that is sent to Earth as a punishment. With no powers to defend herself she soon falls prey to an elusive vampire (a upcoming enemy to the sisters if you ask me). Menolly is on the hunt for the vampire siring all the wreck loose vampire that are leaving a trail of blood in their wake, when she is asked to look in on Shimmer as a favor. This is when the shit really hits the fan.
First there seems to be an uncharted vampire taking up residence in Seattle. Alex Radcliffe, funny he runs in similar circles as the D’Artigo sisters, they know a lot of the same allies. I have a feeling he will be of great use in the future books. Working together the sisters and Alex pinpoint their nemesis.

I have loved these books in the past I found this one to be extremely descriptive. Like pages for the back drop and pages about the park and pages about how they all run in similar circles. Yet Shimmer doesn’t show up again until around 70% percent of the book has been read. That was what brought the stars down for me. It was all searching and chatting and then a brief moment of action followed by more question building for the next book. I hoped this was a standalone novella I was left unfulfilled. The good thing is if you have read this short story you can use it as an introduction to these new players in the D’Artigo sister’s books.

I received this for an honest review~


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment