Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Bring me a Dream #5 Reveler series

Bring Me a Dream (Reveler, #5)Bring Me a Dream by Erin Kellison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Madman and the nightmare… love that intro. It was so true! Ha~

Blackman is really at his wits end after his fight or die encounter with the nightmare from the Scrape. Trying to put it out of his mind is nearly impossible since he is changing, physically. Even in the Dreamwaters the black blood still stains him. All he wants now is revenge for his father’s murder and his sole focus is taking down Didier Lambert. Who better to help him than Lambert’s own daughter, Mirren?

Mirren has been caged her entire life and all she wants is freedom with her son. Is that really too much to ask? I guess so when killing your father is the only option that comes to mind. She is riding high on the oh-no-you-didn’t-just-kidnap-my-son!! Still reeling from the fact her father not only took her son but left him alone in a Reve. (It was one just for him, but not the point).

So these two partner up in more ways than one! Mirren part nightmare with a fading Goddess complex and Vince, shit who knows what is happening to him. One thing is for sure Vince has (2) goals kill Lambert, and screw his daughter…seriously he states it plainly as only he can. I really don’t think either takes precedence.

This being the 5th installment is where the shit really hits the fan. The Sandman is a real enough threat to have a cult! The Oneiros (One Group) they think these nightmares that follow you are a blessing of sorts. It means you are chosen! Well if they knew what I know about the Sandman I don’t think they would drink the kool-aid~

What I really loved about this book is Vince gets his credibility back (at least for the readers) he just really comes through for Mirren and this acceptance they have going for each other is beautiful and refreshing. I mean you have to give people room to not be perfect, especially when they seem perfect for you.

Blackman walks the line and gives Mirren the honest and security she really needs. Don’t get me wrong she is total badass in the Scrape and has unbelievable talent as a Reveler… I mean hello she is half nightmare. Yet she still has needs as a woman, mother and human…Who better than a ½ crazed sexy man who wants to kill your father as much as you do?? Nothing says forever like a murder accomplice. The tenderness and vulnerability shown towards each other gave their relationship a special place in the series, for me at least. I have just adored this series and the fun it has been jumping from one couple’s POV to the next. I have a feeling #6 is going to be Epic!

I received this ARC for an honest review!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment