Friday, September 11, 2015

Keir (Redemption #1)

Keir (Redemption #1)Keir by Pippa Jay
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

In the quest for the next Sci-Fi book I stumbled across Keir. I received this ARC for an Honest review~

Quinn has been traveling through time and space on a quest to find Rulk. The one being that essentially took everything from her without a second glance. Upon her journey she crossed paths with Keir. Keir, segrogated and banished from all around him do to his Blue skin coloring he was deemed a demon. Their story is one of emotional growth and love.

I actually found this book hard to focus on. When the plot thickened and a secondary story was churning in the background I was confused. I went back and read..lol I also found the names to be hard to pronounce. This may seem odd for some but I do enjoy understanding a character by being able to pronounce their name. Quinn was really hard to empathize with she was kinda flighty and all over the place. I understood what she went through and what made her tick but I didn't connect with her on the page. What also was a downer for me was the way the writing switched to depict who was talking. Quinn's speech was written like a normal person would talk, whereas Keir when voicing his mind on the page was portrayed as one who spoke like he just learned each word, very proper for someone who grew up hiding from society. The book was slow and I really didn't feel like the pace picked up even during the action. I can only imagine the story line will grow with the next book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment