Friday, June 26, 2015

Nightwalker (The World of Nightwalkers, #5)

Nightwalker (The World of Nightwalkers, #5)Nightwalker by Jacquelyn Frank
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Nightwalker was a great end in the series, at least I got the impression it was the end. The series may pick up with the new addition to the Nightwalker clan, only time will tell.

Picking up this book had to be done, I needed closure. This final chapter picks up right where Forged left us fighting the reincarnate God Apep. I strongly suggest reading at least 1-2 books before this one in the series in fear of being lost in the greater plot. You really get a sense of closure in the book it touches on past characters that were introduced and most even had their own book.

I feel really strongly about knowing how to kill off a character for the greater good of the series. You can always find a way to bring them back (wink). This is what diminished the stars on the review for me. I will not spoil it (completely) you cannot have a happy-ever-after for everyone, it isn't functional. I truly was disappointed that only the characters that I had No attachment to were the ones that perished. Where is the depth in that? Don't get me wrong when the shit hits the fan and I am crying thinking how unjust it was, later I applaud that same monumental moment it breathes life into the story. What is life without loss?

So in this last installment you get Kamen's resurrection of sorts. Not that he comes back again but it is his comeback story. The finality of his great misdeed that freed Apep and initially caused him to deflect to the good guys leaves him feeling worthless and he strives to find resolution. His found purpose in defeating the God has been established and he will make sure all the Nightwalkers will come together to break the curse. On this righteous path he gains a champion in a half-breed Wraith Vieve.

Vieve delivered the grand slam in this book, she brought all the bases in. I love everything about her. She was instrumental in making Kamen whole and in the act of championing for him she gained her own worth! She seemed to touch everyone in the story and even though she wasn't a full wraith she implemented herself in helpful ways.

This book jogged around a bit, I really think it was a closing to the series rather than Kamen and Vieve's tale. This being said all in all you get closure on multiple levels but I still have questions.

Like what about Grey and the Unicorn...lol?

I received this for an honest review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment