Friday, March 22, 2013

Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2)Highlander Most Wanted by Maya Banks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely love Highland Romance's, and Maya Banks.

What do you get when two of the strongest and most rival families come together and seek vengeance for one of their own? A flipping amazing romance.

The Montgomery's and Armstrong's join forces to rain holy hell down on the McHugh clan. Ian McHugh's Clan will not get away with the abuse he inflicted on their Clan's woman. Plans quickly steer in another direction when it is clear the remaining Laird of the Keep hightailed it to safer pastures. Leaving a starving, vindictive and hateful lot to fend for themselves. Sure they act all modest and ready to submit when faced with certain death.

Genevieve McInnes steps forward to make sure the remaining Clan of mostly women and children come to no harm. I mean it wasn't like she had any choice. With no money or place to flee to,what else could she do? I would like to say burn it to the ground, for the grave injustice this lot has forsaken her to live with. But no sad to say she has more tact that that!

The late Ian McHugh (total bastard) absconded with her and has kept her sheltered for a year in conditions that are not fit for a dog! All the while his clan stood by and permitted the abuse and rape to transpire.

Bowen Montgomery (sexy Highland stud who kills for justice) shows up and he is totally blown away by the actions of just about everyone.
Genevieve amazed him the most I would say surviving under the most brutal circumstances. Yet she still has compassion for the human soul, and tries to rise above the hate for the greater good. The McHugh Clan is perpetually stumping him with their disgraceful assault upon Genevieve for being a reminder of just how weak and pathetic they truly are!

My thoughts:
Amazing, well rounded story! You have the churning hatred for the McHughs rivaling with the compassion and romance trying to bloom with Bowen and Genevieve. I must say the set backs that make the happy ending seem to be impossible were well constructed. I love to see a story from both sides and on several levels I was totally in awe of how things played out. Genevieve with her sin and the shame she endures was heart breaking! Cutting herself from her own kin thinking she was being selfless. Brought tears to my eyes. Even when she thinks she was finally free her burdened life shackles her at every turn. Bowen what an amazing character I would think Maya Bank should create a mold for all men!!

Favorite part was the end I totally cried, the emotional journey I went on through Maya Banks writing was incredible.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment